Create A New Account
Why do we require a strong password?
Choosing a strong, hard to guess, password helps keep
your private health information secure by making it difficult for an individual
other than yourself to guess the password. Strong passwords are the best
defense in keeping your information secure.
Strong passwords must:
- be at least eight (8) characters long.
- contain numbers (0-9) and letters (A-Z).
- be a word or short phrase that a person close to you would not know
or be able to guess.
Passwords should NOT be:
- taken directly from a dictionary or thesaurus.
- any recognizable word of any sort.
- the name of any commercial product, sports team, movie or television
- the same as your username or the answer to your secret question.
- phone numbers.
- street addresses.
- license plates or Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs).
- any variation or combination of the above.
A few hints for creating a stronger password:
Take a phrase/song/poem, and create a nonsense word by
taking the first letter from each line. Take some short words and string
them together joined with funny characters.
Note: If you are a Boone Hospital Employee and do not
have an email address, please have your supervisor submit a Computer Access
Form, and then an appropriate account will be created for you.